Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Linux From Scratch Results

FAIL. Its a common theme with my attempts to compile almost anything more than a basic app. I made it quite far but who knows where I went wrong. The problem really is that I have no way to know if everything compiled correctly.

This time round I feel that I have managed to do all the compilation right but failed somewhere in the configuration steps right at the end.

Oh well. The partition I used has once again cleaned out in anticipation of the next bit project.

In all it took two evenings to compile everything. Not bad compared to my last attempt on my old computer which took a whole week of evenings. Go DUAL CORE CPU and 2 Gb Ram!!!